JUST ME!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

SO I GUESS NOT THAT BAD AFTER ALL???

So I guess the book did get a lot better..I mean it did end a lot better than it started. I did like the fact that Alex did agree to treatment but the people really took advantage of him. I mean yes he did a whole lot of terrible things but he is a human and I feel like two wrongs will never make a right. I think that jailing someone to confinement makes them think about the wrong that they did do but torturing them in the process is wrong. The thing that was very unfortunate in the book is how his two friends beat him really bad when he came home :( and you could tell that he did want to change things an start a better life with his family but they already moved Joe in and replaced Alex (so to speak) and Alex just went back to the same things that he was doing before, and this did not change a thing. And the question that I pose is that do we has a society force criminals back into their wicked ways because we don't give them a second chance to become a "law abiding citizens.?" The thing is when will the cycle change, don't get me wrong I am sure that there are criminals that have made it after being in jail but what about the percentage that doesn't what happens to them..???

No comments:

Post a Comment