JUST ME!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

AT THE END OF IT ALL!!

I really enjoyed reading the books this semester I have learned about myself and more about the society that I live in. I know that the information that I have learned in this class will take me far. Fahrenheit 451 really opened my eyes just as the other books did. It let us know that through research and also in class that burning books is not foreign to the U.S. and it has been done for centuries and not to mention that it is still going on today! What can we do? Is there a way to stop this unlawful act (as I see it) Does the constitution that we live by allow these things to be ok. Freedom of speech and expression? What are we telling the generations that are coming up after us. That it is OK to burn books or to ban things that you don't agree with. I see it as if you don't agree with it fine, that is OK but as far as going and burning someones books that they worked hard on to create is disrespectful. Now I am sure those same "Christians" would be upset if the writers or those that enjoy these books would burn the bible. Now I am a christian and I am sure that God is not pleased by their acts of burning books. As a christian you are suppose to do unto others as you want done to you. I really feel that religious people flip the bible and make it applicable to them and not knowing that they are going to have to answer that in Heaven!! That is how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment